rickyg's world

Just my random ramblings on my life and other things that might interest me at the time. For the summer and fall this will probably be populated with my ramblings about the Saskatchewan Roughriders CFL football team.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Ok it's time for another pointless ramble about Riders football.

One game in and they picked up nicely from where they left off last year. The O looked good for the first game. A few mistakes but it was against Edmonton so they didn't hurt us. After another week of practice with Matt D. back in the lineup the O will be scary good this week. My prediction is another 30+ point performance. And another 250+ yard passing day for Marcus. This O will easily surpass last year's version.

The D looks OK so far. The line will eat whichever poor sap B.C. lines up at QB and spit out the bones. And that is the key, pressure from the big guys up front. Because our LBs need another game to get the coverage on the quick inside stuff together. They played better in the second half against Edmonton but the first half was bad. And our DBs weren't much better in that first half, back on their heels waiting for the receiver to come to them. I don't know what Miller and Hall said at halftime but it worked. The second half of that game was in your face aggressive D. And it worked well. There was one huge bright spot in the secondary though. Mr. James Johnson was incredible. Yes I really said that. I was not a big Johnson fan early in his Rider career but he has made me a believer. The Grey Cup was no fluke. The man is the real deal and I'm glad I was wrong.

So this week we play the Lions. And it will be another Rider victory. The Lions are a team on the downside of the curve and really should not be a challenge. So the Riders open 3-0 because Hamilton is the free space on the bingo card next week.

Anyway thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home