rickyg's world

Just my random ramblings on my life and other things that might interest me at the time. For the summer and fall this will probably be populated with my ramblings about the Saskatchewan Roughriders CFL football team.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Hey it's time for a new post on here. I kinda forgot about this thing.

So the old guys that were holding up the skatepark have backed down. They figured it would cost them too much to fight it out in court. The city is saying the park should be ready to use by late summer. Good to hear. We need more things like this to keep the younger people happy and busy.

Not much Rider news that I want to talk about. Nate Davis signed with the Bombers and joins Andrew there. I'm happy to see him get picked up and have a chance to end his career on his own terms. And of course Vanstone had to pick up on a couple comments that Nate made and turn them into a huge deal. Unfortunatly Eric Tillman got sucked into responding to those comments and in my opinion just made himself look even more thin skinned by doing so. Hey I like Eric, had to get that in before I get jumped on for not planning a parade everytime he talks, but he has to get thicker skin if he is going to be effective in Saskatchewan. I've told him that to his face by the way. Politely of course. I think that as soon as the season starts and it comes down to the real football part of his job he will be fine. It's just right now he is trying to sell his moves and his previous jobs too much. I can't blame him too much for that because the season hasn't started yet so he can't just point to the team on the field and say "judge me on that".

So for those that are really desperate for Rider related activities there have been a few in the last couple of weeks. First the Rider basketball team played a celebrity squad at Scott Collegiate last week. Good game but a very disappointing crowd. I was lucky and won two of the door prizes. Of course in those prizes were 2 tickets to the pre-season game in both baskets. So now including what I get with my season tickets I will have 7 extra tickets to that game. I think most of them are spoken for too. And last night was the final slection for the Rider cheerleaders at Northgate Mall. Damn some of those girls are smokin' hot. Good looking team this year. And the Riders are going with a "stunt team" this year too. I'm still not sure if I like the idea of having guys as a part of it though. It takes away from how hard I can heckle the Eskimos' gayleaders. But on the bright side the guys on our stunt team are not half as gay looking as Edmonton's. There were a couple of close calls when they did their throws last night though. Sometime this year one of the girls will get dropped. The guys on the stunt team need to bulk up quickly.

But that's it for now except to remind anybody who is reading about the next appearance of the Rider basketball team. Wednesday the 28th of March at Sheldon Collegiate 7PM. I'm not 100% sure if I'll be there because there is a meeting about the future of my son's elementary school that night and I HAVE to be at that.

Anyway thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home