rickyg's world

Just my random ramblings on my life and other things that might interest me at the time. For the summer and fall this will probably be populated with my ramblings about the Saskatchewan Roughriders CFL football team.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Yeah my daughter is home. She got released from the hospital yesterday afternoon. And being a typical kid you would never know that 3 days ago she was running a high fever and not eating or drinking. Today she is running around and bugging her big brother and just having fun. She got to see her two cousins today and was super hyper. I'm still forcing her to drink just because of the extreme heat, but I'm forcing my son to drink too, and when I make them drink I do too.

This heat is damn awful. I've had heatstroke before and I could feel the effects starting again earlier today. So I got into some air conditioning and had a milkshake, good milkshake.

Nothin really new in Rider news yet this week. They took an extra day off because of the extreme heat. And I totally agree with that. No sense having players go down for something that can be avoided. They can still get in 3 good days of practice and maybe the longer break will bring them back with more of an edge. They need to smack the Esks in the mouth and just make an example of them. Show them that last week was a fluke and it won't happen again.

The biggest Rider related news was Tillman/Hillbilly that Rod Pedersen blogged about. I admire Rod but this time he was totally wrong. He said Hillbilly didn't have the nads to use his real name when in the Riderville post that Tillman went off on he signed it J.J Voss. Yep that's hios real name. Then the next day he blogs that he made a mistake, no apology for the "no nads" comment though. Then he pretty much says that J.J. should be fired from his gameday job running the Maxtron sound just because he got into it with Tillman. What he didn't mention was that Tillman had gone off on a few people over the last month or so for no real resaon. Every time he reads something that "could" be taken as critical he loses it. Not good. He needs to stop posting so late at night because at 3AM he is very prickly and takes things the wrong way and won't back down later when it's pointed out to him that he took it the wrong way. He says that he's not going to post anymore, but then he's said that a few times before. He's like the kid playing baseball and he's gonna take his ball and bat and go home. Then when another kid says he's got a bat and ball he decides to stay. Eric is afraid that he will become irrelevant on Riderville so he'll be back.

Thanks for reading. And hey,flame away if you don't agree. Just keep it sorta clean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home