rickyg's world

Just my random ramblings on my life and other things that might interest me at the time. For the summer and fall this will probably be populated with my ramblings about the Saskatchewan Roughriders CFL football team.

Friday, May 25, 2007

OK it's been almost a month since I've updated this thing so here goes.

First off if you haven't heard Taylor Field(Mosaic Stadium for those that care more about the cash than the tradition) is having Field Turf installed right now. For some really good pictures of the install process check out Mike's Blog Even the actual Field Turf website is using a few of these pics by Mike. And after seeing the field in person I can say that even though the pics are great they don't do justice to the real thing. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Riders play on this stuff. And practice on it too. The new turf should drastically cut down on injuries.

And if anybody reading this has ever talked to me then you know that Reggie Hunt is my favourite player. He is one of the top 3 linebackers in the league and a guy who doesn't get enough credit here. Everybody just looks at the sack and int totals and writes him off. They don't look at him taking the runningback or O-lineman out of the play so Perry, Jones... get through to make the big play. Without him being there first to take the block the rest of the rush wouldn't be as good. And if you watch the tackles he makes most of them he has to cover a lot of ground to get to. He is there to make the play that somebody else missed. Reggie now has his own internet site at Reaper9.com Check it out.

And talking about new internet sites. Joe Hadesbeck has his blog up and running now. And it's updated a lot more often than this one is. Here is the link The Racer Report Pretty good blog with lots of stuff covered. Check it out but don't guess too many of the lyrics because I have the lead and don't want to lose it.

I think that's about all I wanted to post about today. As usual it was just random ramblings. The guy who left out the poison is still at large but he seems to have slowed down since the weather went to crap here. If you know who is doing the poison thing turn him in before a kid gets hurt. If you want to slap him around a bit first that's up to you but I think this guy needs some serious help more than he needs a beating. A beating heals in a month or so and then he would still be out there doing this crap. Getting him some help might stop him from repeating this again next year.

Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home