rickyg's world

Just my random ramblings on my life and other things that might interest me at the time. For the summer and fall this will probably be populated with my ramblings about the Saskatchewan Roughriders CFL football team.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

It almost that time again. Rider football starts soon. And the defense of the Grey Cup should be fun.

I had a chance to talk to Ken Miller(new head caoch) and I'm impressed. He is a little older than I would like for a rookie head coach but he can't control his age. What he can control is his attitude and I like it. A very smart, competitive man so I think we are in good hands.

And we start training camp with Marcus Crandell as the number 1 QB. I know a lot of people are nervous about that but I'm not. Marcus has the tools to do very well in our system. That's what he was missing previously, a good system to work in. When he was with Calgary it was a circus and it showed with what they tried to make him do. Right now we have a lot of talent around him and coaches who know his strengths and weaknesses. They will do what they have to in order to let him succeed.

One last thing for a Sunday morning. If you haven't bought it yet Terry Mcevoy has updated his fantastic book Rider Pride on the American Side. He came out with the Grey Cup Edition which is available online at www.northernroadpress.com Check it out.

Anyway thanks for reading and I'll try and update this thing more often now that football season is coming up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home