rickyg's world

Just my random ramblings on my life and other things that might interest me at the time. For the summer and fall this will probably be populated with my ramblings about the Saskatchewan Roughriders CFL football team.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Damn I'm getting old. My buddy had his stag on Saturday and I'm still feeling it today. We started out at noon playing some football. Three hours of dragging my old out of shape ass around the field. But I was too stubborn to take it easy and let the young guys show me up. And I didn't. I played better than I thought I would.

After football it was drinks at O'Hanlons. There were probably 15-20 of us at any time there. Good food and good service. Then it was off to the real nightclubs after my buddy tried to scam a pizza at the Copper Kettle by going in the back door and talking to the kitchen staff. He didn't get the pizza.

We got to Dewdney Avenue too late to get in anywhere except upstairs at SOHOs. That place is a dump but we needed booze so we stuck around. Jay and I decided to give free pool lessons to an assortment of people. We were unbeatable until the cue ball got stuck in the table. We finally decided to leave and somehow a couple of bottles of liquor ended up leaving with us. I am totally innocent in that shenanigan, really I had nothing to do with it. I was already outside waiting for a cab.

Out cab ride from Dewdney to the strip club was a classic. We ended up with the greatest cab driver possible for a bunch of drunk guys on their way to see naked women. He kept us entertained and looked the other way when the bottle accidently got opened and partially consumed. Needless to say he got $30 for a $7 fare.

The strip club was interesting. We paid $10 to get in and they only had two dancers. The first one was decent but wow I hope the second one finds another job fast. I went for a smoke break about 2 minutes into her show. And that was just about the time the groom to be was outside hurling. And being the good friends that we are a few of us pulled out the cell phones and got pictures and video of him puking.

I woke up Sunday feeling the effects of too much football and too much booze. And I still had the evaluation day for riderfans football to look forward to. I made a few people look really good early on in the one on one drills. I probably moved them up 2 or 3 rounds in the draft. But I redeemed myself in the scrimmages. I ended up in a group of guys who caught on to zone defense really fast. We probably had the best D out of all the groups.

Today I can barely move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home