rickyg's world

Just my random ramblings on my life and other things that might interest me at the time. For the summer and fall this will probably be populated with my ramblings about the Saskatchewan Roughriders CFL football team.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

I can't believe that 4 old guys can hold up the new skate park that is supposed to be going into Wascana Park. They say there was not enough public discussion but I can remember public meetings all last year. This is just a few old folks who don't want skaters anywhere near them. The indoor skate park is a block and a half away from my place and I have never had any problems with skaters. No extra graffiti, no extra litter and no extra crime. All the things that the old folks are worried about. I'm pretty sure that if I had the energy I could find the crime and grafitti stats for the area around the existing skate park, I know they were available at the public meetings. And they were pretty much neutral for the time before the park and the time after it was built. These old folks really can't win but it will slow down the building plans and cost the City of Regina a bunch of money fighting it. And it will be just one more reason for young people to wonder why they should stay in this city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home