rickyg's world

Just my random ramblings on my life and other things that might interest me at the time. For the summer and fall this will probably be populated with my ramblings about the Saskatchewan Roughriders CFL football team.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

It's been a while since I've even looked at this thing so I figured I should post something.

How about that Jason Clermont to the Riders rumour? People seem to be split on whether we need him now, need to pay any price to get him, don't need him, or if we can wait until next year when he is a free agent. My opinion is that having Clermont on the team would be a great thing. But do we NEED Clermont on the team? Nope. He is not a game breaker. He just goes out and catches the ball and blocks. He aint a Stegall or a Simon type of receiver. And don't even start to compare him to Elgaard because he aint even close to that level of possesion receiver. He is just a very good, solid Canadian receiver. He would look good in green and white but the price would have to be very right.

And the one rumoured trade of Reggie Hunt for Clermont is not a good price. First for those that don't know, I'm a huge Reggie Hunt fan. He is simply one of the 3 best linebackers in the CFL. He is a leader on D and on the team. Add to that the fact that he has chosen to live year round in Regina and is very community minded guy and you have reason to keep him here for his entire career just based on Reggie being Reggie. He is a fan favourite for good reason. I have had a chance to kind of get to know him and he has always been great to me and my family. And every other fan who has ever approached him when I was there. That's just the talent and off field reasons for not trading him. The defense for the team could be very different this year with Bush and Morgan being free agents, Nate Davis being a question mark, and Eddie Davis not getting any younger. Add to that the fact that Jackie Mitchell has been released and we are already missing one leader on D. The young LBs that played have shown good raw talent but raw is the key word. We need a veteran at LB and Reggie is a young vet. He is only 28 years old and he has 6 years in the league.

So there you have it. My admittedly biased view of the Hunt for Clermont rumour. Thanks for reading

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home