rickyg's world

Just my random ramblings on my life and other things that might interest me at the time. For the summer and fall this will probably be populated with my ramblings about the Saskatchewan Roughriders CFL football team.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Well it's 9 hours until the bus loads for Calgary. As usual I'm totally disorganised. I have stuff in the dryer, stuff already folded and stuff I have probably forgotten about that I will need. At least I don't have to be up 3 hours before departure time to do my face paint. Going up the day before eliminates that hassle. It also adds to the expense of the trip but I think if I'm careful I can come back with some cash, I have on all the other trips so far.

I think the plan for Saturday night is to hit the French Maid for a little while then find a club that we can close down. I'm pretty sure I'll just be people watching and trying to convert half of Calgary into Rider fans. The other half already are. I'm not going to drink really hard Saturday or Sunday. I'll probably always have a drink in my hand but I won't be chugging or doing shots. This trip is about the football.

And talking about football the Riders had probably the best week of practice I have seen all year. Kerry Joseph is showing no hint of his injury and it shows in his throws. This is the QB that I've been waiting all year to see. Thursday at practice maybe 3 balls hit the turf between Kerry and Marcus. They looked that good. Joseph has all of his tools right now and I believe he can take us a long way in the playoffs. And if he falters then Crandell is more than capable of running the offense. For the first time in months we have two healthy capable QBs and it couldn't happen at a better time. Armstead is back. And damn he's actually catching the long ball. Look out for him Sunday because they have a couple of very pretty plays for him and Grant and Fantuz. They will make you go ooh and aahh. Kenton Keith is at his elusive best right now, look for 190 combined yards. Matt Dominguez actually looked shaky this week but he is a gamer so I'm not worried. And Mr.Burris had better have a good doctor because the D is fired up. Reggie Hunt put in his best week as a Rider, yeah I said best as a Rider. He was everywhere he was supposed to be and that's where the ball was. Reaper will stop Reynolds and be in the gaptoothed one's face all day long. And if he gets blocked look for Jackie "mohawk" Mitchell to pick up the slack. He is back to the all star form he had before his injuries. And the D-line looks mean. Nate Davis was running in the drills. He never does that so look out Calgary the big dog is looking to mark his territory. Terrel and Fred are both hyped for this game too so it's a long day for smilin' hank. And watch the sideline shots for Tristan Clovis' new hairdo. It's Mr.T baby. Half the team has the funky hair happening and it's great to see.

Well I gotta pack. So if you are in Calgary on Saturday pick up a copy of the Calgary Herald because they interviewed Phil, Cathy and Me and it's going to run then. They called me tonight to confirm a few things. And of course watch for me on TV. Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home