rickyg's world

Just my random ramblings on my life and other things that might interest me at the time. For the summer and fall this will probably be populated with my ramblings about the Saskatchewan Roughriders CFL football team.

Monday, October 02, 2006

What am I? Cursed? I spent all last week being very impressed with Kerry Joseph and of course he gets hurt again. I was cheering for him this game because he looked fantastic at practice. Those hints of greatness that he was teasing us with looked like they were finally going to be seen for a whole game. And he did play pretty well except for those stupid throws that got intercepted. Bad throws, take the sack, don't try to win the game by yourself. When Joseph sits back and lets the play happen he is good. When he tries to force something he isn't. I hope he gets healthy before they force him back into the lineup. Because a 70% Kerry Joseph just isn't good enough to take us very far. We need Crandell back soon but it sounds like he won't be there for this game at least. But I really can't point fingers on this loss. Sometimes the team you love just doesn't win. It happens. If Joseph would have played the whole game we probably win or not. But it would have been a little bit different and Kenton Keith wouldn't have become the forgotten man at the end. They went away from what was working and it cost them. Oh well.

I have to thank Donald Narcisse for coming over and getting his picture taken with me in my full costume. And signing the picture of us when I wasn't in the costume. He is a great guy.

Thanks for reading.

3 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Under Miner said...

I can't agree with you more on the Kerry Joseph thing. I was lucky enough to be able to see him at the cornwall centre last week, and I was really impressed by him. He was signing autographs all day, and never once did the smile leave his face...great guy. I was really nervous when Kerry got hurt, I new that Butlerwould be OK, but the Riders are better with Joseph in.

On a side note, while at the Cornwall centre last week while I was in town I say Loyd and Bush yogether coming out of Champs Sports, and Luca walking in front of Eddie Bauer. I had to do a double take at Luca, he just looked like some teen-ager cruisin' the mall!

Well, let's hope that if Joseph can't make it to Montreal that Butler has the game of his life and we finally win one in Montreal, that would make up for the heartbreaker on Saturday.

I'm not sure about you, but I couln NOT sleep after the game on Saturday, and when I woke up I was still bitter. Oh, well life goes on, I guess.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger rickyg said...

Yeah Luca is just a kid. And he looks the part. And actually for the first time I can remember I wasn't bitter after the loss. Maybe I've got used to them. But I seen the players when they left the stadium and they looked exhausted and beatup. So I know that anybody who says there was a lack of effort in the game is wrong. Those guys left it all on the field. Sometimes your team loses. It aint a good thing but it happens. Still 4 games left and it's the CFL so anything is possible. When were you at the Cornwall? We were there really early for the calendar signing.

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As usual Narco is the consummate professional ..... just like Bobby Jurasin was last week with his induction into the Hall of Fame. It really warms your heart to see these guys from the States totally embrace Regina as their 'home away from home"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home