rickyg's world

Just my random ramblings on my life and other things that might interest me at the time. For the summer and fall this will probably be populated with my ramblings about the Saskatchewan Roughriders CFL football team.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Well the weekend started off great. The Stones were incredible. If you didn't go then you missed out bigtime. I personally preferred the seats that I had on Friday way up high. It seemed like the people in the "cheap seats" got into the show more. Sunday I was on the field and it seemed like they were more subdued. I wasn't. On my feet for the whole Stones show. They kicked ass. "Tumblin' Dice" is amazing live. Ans Sympathy for The Devil just plain blew me away both nights. Easily my favourite Stones song and the show that went with it was incredible. Very much worth the money.

The Riders performance on Monday wasn't worth the electricity I used to turn on the TV. Brutal is a kind word to describe it. The knee jerk reaction would be to rush Crandell back and hope. But that would be wrong. Resting Joseph right now won't accomplish anything. He needs more time than we have. Play him now and pray. And when Marcus is 100% he should start. We need a healthy QB for the playoff run and he's the only hope we have of having one. And in the offseason it wouldn't break my heart if we shopped Joseph and Armstead. Joseph is a bandaid and Armstead is below average. He's fast but doesn't make the plays. And Johnson has to step it up. He looks like he's playing scared. He gives those huge cushions and relies on his closing speed and it isn't working. Even in practice he's backing up when the ball is snapped. Get tough dammit!! And for the first time this year I'm saying that Reggie Hunt totally blew a play and it hurt us. I'm a huge Reaper fan but it was his man that got through and blocked that punt. But it was game 15 before he blew a play that hurt us. Some of these guys do it every game. I know Reggie will bounce back and have a huge game because he's too good not to. He has pride in his abilities, I just wish that pride was contagious.

Anyway thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home