rickyg's world

Just my random ramblings on my life and other things that might interest me at the time. For the summer and fall this will probably be populated with my ramblings about the Saskatchewan Roughriders CFL football team.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

It wasn't pretty but it was worth 2 points. The D stepped up huge and made a statement. No TDs given up is always a great game. These guys are ready for the playoffs. But damn I'm not sold on the O. One TD will not get us to the western final. I had a bad feeling about the O this week just because Joseph had such a good week of practice. It seems to be his pattern, play well in practice and not so well come gametime. Yeah I know Toronto has a good secondary but if we want to play in Winnipeg our O had to play well against the good teams. And last night they didn't. I haven't read Barrett's post game interviews yet but he probably said that Joseph played well. He didn't. But we still got the W. Now we prepare for Edmonton and I hope a lot better offense shows up Friday. And better special teams tackling too because it wasn't good last night at all. Luca had to be in on at least 2 tackles and that's not a good thing. A kicker should never have to make a tackle expecially when we only have one on the roster.

The riderfans.com steak night was a blast. Chaps managed to sell it out and make a bit of cash to keep the site running. And it was JJ's birthday too. I may have gotten a little bit drunk to say the least. And after the game a bunch of us headed over to The Drink for a few more drinks. Tequila is bad for you!!! If you haven't checked out The Drink yet try and make it there to watch the Rider game on Friday. Here is Hillbilly's post about what the bar is doing.

"I'm Playing at the Drink Next Thursday, Fri, Sat. Talked with the owners of the club about making it a Rider Fan friendly zone.......

So what they've come up with is this...... For $10. You get in for free for the evening.....A Steak Sandwich, a Beer/bar shot....And you get to watch the game in HD on one of 5 T.V.s ( as well as 2 big projection screens) After the game is over Some long haired Rider Fanatic is going to be hitting the stage and Belting out tunes.

If you choose to hang around after the game for my show, the bar will buy you a beer/shot.....To keep the party going."

If I wasn't making the trip to Edmonton I would defiantly be there. The club is nicely laid out and the TV's are great. And JJ puts on a great show. And if you do make it out to watch the game remember to have a shot every time they show me on TV. Last year in Edmonton I made 8 appearances so the odds of getting drunk are pretty good.

Anyway thanks for reading. And stay away from tequila.

4 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will your K Car Actually make it to Edmonton ??

Isnt Rent due ?

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger rickyg said...

Nah I doubt the car would make it. That's why I'm going on the bus trip. And anonymous is a real good name, means smart ass without the balls to sign his comments. Maybe you could use your real name Mr.D______? And yeah rent is due next Wednesday but as usual it will get paid

 
At 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see my tax dollars (aka welfare) is paying your rent on time Ricky. Why don't you use all the money you spend on all your Rider pumping to move the family out of the hood?

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger rickyg said...

OK one more time just because Mr.anonymous is slow. No welfare here no balls. But how about the first few numbers of his phone number? 525- Yeah I know who it is. And his last name starts off Du . I figure that maybe he should come by my house and maybe do a little bit of his beaking face to face, but I doubt it because he's a big pussy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home