rickyg's world

Just my random ramblings on my life and other things that might interest me at the time. For the summer and fall this will probably be populated with my ramblings about the Saskatchewan Roughriders CFL football team.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Andy, Andy, Andy!! Damn that rookie saved our asses yesterday. Especially when Joseph almost fumbled away the game. Yeah I said Joseph and fumble in the same sentence, again. He HAS to fix his fumble problem if he wants to be anymore than a very average QB. And scoring a TD or two in the first quarter wouldn't hurt either. I know. We won. And the best QB in the league played badly in that game. But Dickenson playing badly doesn't make Joseph any better. He was average at best. And almost single handedly lost the game with his fumble. He didn't throw any interceptions because B.C.'s defense is that good. They were up covering the receiver instead of sitting back 5 yards. If they would have sat back they would have picked off 4 bad overthrows easily. Watch the tape. We won so everybody thinks he played well. He didn't but we won in spite of his play.

But Andy Fantuz does deserve the praise he's getting today. His heads up play to recover the fumble was huge!! And his sliding catch to win it was a thing of beauty. Sliding catch. Why wasn't it an instride catch? Oh yeah Joseph. But back to Andy. This kid is looking really good. Not Elgaard good as people are comparing him to. Not yet anyway. But a very skilled rookie none the less. Great job Andy.

And Kenton Keith was incredible yet again. This guy is possessed right now. Give him the ball and great things will happen. I was worried when he came down on the ball and went off for a couple plays because he has had rib problems this year. But he didn't seem too sore after the game so he is probably all right. I hope so because we need him down the stretch. He will win one game by himself.

Matt Dominguez had another game like we all expect out of him. Tough catches, good yards after his catches and great blocking downfield. He is a pure football stud. Our best receiver no doubt.

Yo Murphy made a very favourable impression on me. I said I'd wait to judge him until I saw him play a game. Well he played and I watched and he is for real.

Our defense was fantastic. I would break it down player by player but I type slow and want to do other things today. As a whole they were very solid. They gave up ONE TD against B.C. and that's something to be proud of. One TD in a game that went to overtime. I can't remember the last team that did that. Amazing job all around. Lloyd looked good at MLB considering that this was the first time he has even dressed for a regular season game. That's right they didn't even have him playing special teams this year. Straight from the developmental roster to a starter. The kid did good. Reaper was solid not spectacular yesterday. No big stats but B.C. knew he was on the field. And if you watched him he was flying around. I'm not just saying good things about him because he gave my son the gloves he wore yesterday and gave me a set of the custom eye black things the team has. I was a Reaper fan long before I ever said anything more than Hi to him.

Anyway thanks for reading my ramblings. But one more thing. My son and I took part in Saskenergy Wear your Green Day downtown this summer. He won a bunch of prizes . And they were taking pictures for a Fan Calendar to be released soon and we will be in it. I got a call from Saskenergy this afternoon and they are having a VIP reception at the Green and White Lounge(invite only) this Thursday and my son and I are invited. Don Narcisse is going to be there!!! I'm really excited about that. I will take a ton of pics and post them on here afterwards.

2 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting how the Riders lost two fumbles in the game, none of which were Joseph's, he did however throw an interception. Keith and Murphy both turned the ball over on good drives that might have generated TD's and for sure would have generated more points. You mentioned how well Keith and Murphy played but fail to mention the fact they both fumbled the ball after a long gain....I guess some fans have very selective memories.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger rickyg said...

Yeah I kinda screwed up a little bit with not mentioning the Keith and Murphy fumbles. And the interception too. Actually the Murphy fumble was not a fumble, it was an incompletion because he was out of bounds and so was the B.C. player who recovered it. The Keith fumble was not good but he has been consistantly the best player on the Rider O for most of the season. When he gets close to the league lead in fumbles I'll start to worry. Joseph's fumble stands out more than the other turnovers simply because it could have lost the game for us if Fantuz didn't go after it so hard. But even though you don't agree with me thanks for posting. And why can't I post on your blog? I always get an error.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home