rickyg's world

Just my random ramblings on my life and other things that might interest me at the time. For the summer and fall this will probably be populated with my ramblings about the Saskatchewan Roughriders CFL football team.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Well all the speculation is over. Danny Barrett is moving on. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about that either. When he came here the team sucked ass and when he left it had been to 3 Western Finals. But no Grey Cup games. Or home playoff games. He took a really bad team and turned it into something that we could be proud of. Every game we expected a win. And in over 25 years of watching this team that was a nice change.

But his ability to properly manage his quarterbacks is the biggest reason he is looking for a job right now. He wouldn't make any changes as the games went on and that cost us a lot of wins. OK he never really had a top flight QB to work with but he had quality backups to goto when the starter sucked. And the starter sucked a lot every season.

Danny is a great guy in my experience and I hope he catches on somewhere soon. College coaching would be something he should be very good at. He has the respect of his players and helped a lot of them become better people and better football players. I'm going to miss seeing him jog past my house in the spring. He always waved or said hi and sometimes would stop and talk for a few minutes. He is a class guy but the business of football is all about winning and that didn't happen enough. Good luck Danny and thanks for what you started here.

Later on I'll give my opinion on the rumoured replacements for Barrett. Thanks for reading.

1 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger MommaG said...

So Rick it looks like Mr. Anonymous does not have any BALLS as he hasn't signed up to post anything on here anymore and he hasn't taken up my offer of coming by and talking to us face to face either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home