rickyg's world

Just my random ramblings on my life and other things that might interest me at the time. For the summer and fall this will probably be populated with my ramblings about the Saskatchewan Roughriders CFL football team.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Well I got lazy and missed my chance to preview the possible coaches. Kent Austin is the new coach. He was my second choice behind Richie Hall so I'm happy. Dave Ritchie would have scared me as the coach. At his age too many possible health problems could have come up and then the team would have been in trouble.

Lots of people in Saskatchewan are still holding the way Austin left the first time against him. That was years ago and I'm over it. Hell at the time it didn't bother me too much. I said when the changes started happening that they should be real changes, not just window dressing. And it looks like they are. A coach who is a perfectionist is something this team needs and has now. I know Austin is smart enough to see the talent on this team and use it in the best way. People are worried that the running game is out the window now. I say don't worry. He will make this more of a passing team but will still use the run. Keith was only getting maybe 15 touches a game the last couple years anyway so I can't see his touches going down. And with an offense that is a real passing threat his yards per touch should go up because teams won't be able to stack the box against him when they have to respect the pass.

I think everybody knows that I am a Shivers and Barrett fan. But the more I talk to Eric Tillman the more he impresses me. He has a real vision of what this team could be and he has wasted no time putting his stamp on it. The damn offseason is too long because I'm looking forward to seeing the Tillman/Austin version of the Riders on the field. Unlike when Shivers/Barrett took over I think this team has a ton of talent and could challenge for first even with the SMS changes.

Anyway thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home