rickyg's world

Just my random ramblings on my life and other things that might interest me at the time. For the summer and fall this will probably be populated with my ramblings about the Saskatchewan Roughriders CFL football team.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

The day before game day. Usually it's the longest day of the week. Nothing to do but head over and watch paint dry, I mean watch walk through. A very boring thing to do. But if you have never done it I encourage you to head over some day. It's the best time to get a couple autographs and sometimes you run into the national media guys. They give you a new perspective on the game because they are not homers. They will give you their opinion on the Riders compared to the other teams because they see them all up close.

And now to how much info to release about Rider practices on the internet boards. My belief is just to give people an idea of who looks good and who doesn't. I mean that is the questions that are asked the most. But when it comes to dinged up players I won't mention them until the team does. Like the Andrew Greene thing. The media didn't pick up on the fact that he wasn't practicing so why should I report that? I knew and asked Andrew about it and of course he LIED to me. I gave him shit and called him a bastard for lying after the game but I understand why he did it. He did it because he was told to. And that's fine with me. As fans we don't need to know every secret move that the team makes. I know lots of fans WANT to know but we don't NEED to know. This week there were a couple of players who didn't practice on Friday and one of those players was confirmed by the media today, Jason Armstead. But it wasn't comfirmed by the team and I didn't mention it because the team wasn't going to. Now people are pissed off that it wasn't mentioned. Too bad for them. There is at least one other guy who is going to be a late decision but I won't mention him either. And if you get pissed off then too bad. Go to practice and check for yourself!! If you live out of town and can't do that then just be happy that the people that do watch practices give the info that we do. If we keep getting heat about what we aren't telling then why should we report anything?

Anyway I'm going to my first Rams game of the year today. And my son's first Rams game ever. We got free tickets from The-Ultimate-Fan on Riderville, if you read this thank you for the tickets, and right now I can't remember his real name. That happens to me often. I have a really bad memory when I take my meds and lots and lots of pain when I don't. It's a no win. But I am looking forward to watching a football game where I don't know anything about either team and can just sit and watch the game. No expectations, no favourites, just football. That's why I watch US college on TV. Just for the game. I love football.

Thanks for reading my ramblings. And I have opened up the comments again, no moderation right now. So if you have something to say just post it. Try to keep it cleanish and don't spam me.

1 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ricky,
I enjoy reading your entertaining take on the Riders so whatever you choose to say or not say is cool with me. Whatever it is, I eat up all things to do with the team.
Sorry to hear about your medical condition, hope it's a temporary deal. Take care of yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home